Best of the Blog: Food Gone Wild
I own a lot of cookbooks. A LOT of cookbooks. And one of the things I love most are old cookbooks and the snapshots they give of vanished restaurants and recipes. I also love delis that make art out of ketchup. These posts give you both.
- The gentle art of entertaining.
- Never forget: cooking in the 50's was a man's job.
- Let's check out the restaurant scene of 1958!
- What was it like to be a vegetarian in 1911? The Encyclopedia Britannica tells all.
- Vegetarian food! 1973! It's a match made in hell.
- No, really. It was pretty bad.
- I mean, you can try to spice things up with soup but it's still not great.
- You don't want to look at these, although they do include a beguiling Grape Fantasy.
- Let's end things on an up note, though. Look! Ketchup art at the deli!
- I got a little obsessed with it. And you can see why! It's amazing!